Our forests have always been the best way to reach the Stridolone torrent and the small village of Proceno on foot.
Some of our paths actually follow existing roads for a long, long time; others have been created by us over the years and marked with colored arrows.
They all meander entirely in the woods and along them you can be enchanted by the views drawn by nature and you can admire many varieties of plants, pampered by the scent of wild oregano, brooms and aromatic herbs.
ROUTES ARE FREE AND OPEN TO ANYONE.
Upon your arrival, you will be shown a map, which will then be delivered to always have at hand a simplified guide of the various paths.
PINK ROUTE: easy, lasting about 15 minutes.
BLUE ROUTE: medium-easy difficulty, lasting about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
GREEN ROUTE: average difficulty, lasting about 1 hour and 30 minutes. It allows you to reach Proceno and go back on itself; the pass on the Merdazzo torrent takes place through a small bridge.
YELLOW ROUTE: medium difficulty, duration about 2 hours. It also arrives in Proceno and also allows you to reach the municipal swimming pool and the official directions of the Via Francigena. You can go back to the village or go back on it. ATTENTION !: The pass on the Torrente Merdazzo is in GADO! In the summer there is generally very little water but in winter you need to be more cautious.
ORANGE ROUTE: medium-easy difficulty, lasting about 45 minutes. It arrives up to our "Cascatella", a natural waterfall formed by a small stream which then joins the Stridolone stream, a tributary of the best known river Paglia. Unfortunately, the waterfall is only visible when the rains are abundant.
RED ROUTE: high difficulty, lasting about 3 hours. Allows you to get to the Stridolone stream, where there are very large stones and a beautiful landscape.
The passage on the river is A GUADO! WARNING! Here the water can be high, you must cross it using the stones that remain dry out of the water. IN CASE OF HIGH WATER, IT IS RECOMMENDED NOT TO CROSS, but to return to the farm by going backwards. Crossing instead, you go along the river and then come back through a concrete bridge where you always pay attention because even here you can find some water. If you want you can reach Proceno using the crossroads with the green path, or return to the farm continuing on the red.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR GUESTS
We know our woods very well, they are beautiful and nature is a truly extraordinary artist ... but we must take care not to incur some unpleasant misadventures. We therefore recommend that anyone take the paths:
- WEARING COMFORTABLE CLOTHES AND DRESSING IN LAYERS: in the wood, the temperature is usually higher than at the farm, and long trousers are also recommended.
- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES, preferably trekking and raincoats: the terrain is sometimes slippery and during the rainy months it is easy to find mud.
- DO NOT ENTER THE EVENING ROUTES AND CALCULATE THE RETURN TIME: in the woods, especially in the autumn and winter months, it gets dark much earlier; it is good practice to return to the maximum farm for 16:00.
- DO NOT ENTER THE ROUTES IN THE PERIODS OF HUNTING
-WALKING STICKS OR TREKKING RACKETS: they will help you when you will encounter slippery stretches, descents and climbs.
- PAY ATTENTION TO SPINOSE PLANTS: you will find blackberry bushes almost everywhere, pay attention to their thorny leaves!
- ATTENTION TO FAUNA BOSCHIVA: in the wood live many wild animals, you can see the signs everywhere, we recommend the utmost attention.
-THE WATER TO SUFFICIENCY, ANY DRUGS AND SOMETHING TO EAT.
- CONSIDER THE WOOD AND DO NOT THROW WASTE TO EARTH.
THE CELLULARS IN THE WOOD HAVE A VERY LITTLE SIGNAL, before leaving for a path therefore it is preferable to warn us.